The existence of a church on this site was documented in the 13th century. It was called the Mother of God on Vrtlišće. In the 15th century, a new church was built, called by the name of Our Lady of the Angels.
In 1720, right next to the church, a small monastery of Oratorians was approved to be built. The Oratorians remained there until 1740. In 1752 it was already replaced by the Dominicans. Larger church on the same site begins to be built in 1747, and it was dedicated on June 24, 1770.
With the arrival of Napoleon this church also closes down, while the Dominicans are leaving Poreč. This happened in 1806. At the insistence of the people, the church reopened in 1807.
The church is large with a hall type (no aisles) and has five altars.