The most valuable cultural property in Poreč, the Euphrasian Basilica, was registered on the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 1997 as “Episcopal Complex of the Euphrasian Basilica in the Historic Centre of Poreč“.
The early-Christian compound is the only complete landmark in the world preserved from that period.
Built during the time of Bishop Euphrasius in the 6th century it includes the atrium, baptistery, bishop’s palace, mosaics and remains of sacral buildings dating from the 3rd to the 4th centuries. The mosaics which decorate the inside and facade of the church are considered a valuable bequest of Byzantine art, and thanks to the floor mosaics and preserved writings the periods of its construction and renovation can be read.
3. Bell Tower
4. Bishop’s Palace – Museum
6. Archeological Site
7. View Point
8. Old Sacristy
9. Cella trichora
Concerts in the Euphrasiana 2017
Ticket price is 50 HRK, and it can be booked and bought at the very entrance to the Euphrasian Basilica one hour prior to the concert. Tickets info & booking by e-mail at email@example.com
- Jul 7, 8 PM – OPENING CEREMONY – String quintet Cadenza / CRO
- Jul 14, 8 PM – TATIANA ŠVERKO I LEONARDO ANGELINI CRO / IT, Piano Duo
- Jul 21, 8 PM – TRIO ALBA – AKF, violin, cello, piano
- Jul 25, 8 PM – ELISA TOMELLINI / I, piano
- Jul 28, 8 PM – MARJAN ĐUZEL / CRO, piano
- Aug 1, 8 PM – DANIJEL KRALJ / CRO, guitar
- Aug 4, 8 PM – An Evening of Mediterranean Vocal and Guitar Tradition, KATJA MARKOTIĆ, mezzosopran – Zagreb / CRO, MAROJE BRČIĆ, Dubrovnik / CRO, guitar
- Aug 8, 8 PM – PIANO TRIO / CRO
- Aug 11, 8 PM – IVAN SKREBLIN / CRO, piano
- Aug 18, 8 PM – ZAGREB GUITAR QUARTET / CRO
- Aug 29, 8 PM – RAPSHODY GUITAR / CRO
- Sep 1, 8 PM