Isabella Castle is located on St. Nikola Island, visible from the Poreč old town center and the waterfront.
The castle is dominated by a tower with a crown on the rear of the left facade, and a beautiful stone staircase that originates from the Polesini family villa from St. Ivan od Šterne, a small village not far from Poreč.
In 1888, Marquis Benedetto Polesini (1861-1952) completed the castle, which he named Isabella, in honor of his wife. The castle was built on the site of the former monastery and the church of St. Nicholas, in the Tuscan (neo-Romanesque) style, according to Catullo Bisi’s design. In the beginning it was a summer residence, but in 1919 the castle became a family residential palace.
The castle is part of the Valamar Isabella Island Resort and has five stars ***** (Valamar Isabella Castle).