Navigation Menu
Island Lighthouse

Island Lighthouse

from 1403

  • Author: Kristina
  • Date Posted: Jul 14, 2016
  • Category:
  • Address: St. Nikola Island

St. Nikola Island‘s lighthouse is the oldest lighthouse on the Adriatic. It was built in 1403 at the decree of the Venetian Senate and it was used to guide all incoming ships towards Poreč harbor.

Maintained by the local priests who lit the lighthouse fire every night, it is unclear how long it was fully operational for, but records show that it was finally abandoned by the end of the 18th century.

The lighthouse was restored in 2014.