At the far end of the Decumanus street, very close to the Marafor square, there is the Romanesque House. This two-story building is one of the few surviving examples of residential architecture of the Romanesque period.
The house was built in the 13th century. It has been renovated and expanded multiple times, and the last major alterations were carried out probably in the 18th century. At this stage, the second floor was converted, and the spacious wooden balcony was added. This distinctive motif thus derives only from later additions, and cannot be considered part of the original Romanesque House. With the restoration procedure, carried out in 1926, the changes incurred during previous reconstructions were retained.
Despite numerous interventions over time, the house has maintained the fundamental characteristics of Romanesque residential architecture. The Floor plan is simple and regular, without internal partition walls. It is build from simple rough cut blocks. Window on the main facade is of a typical Romanesque biforium. On the ground floor, there was a barn, and a stone staircase leads to the first floor and the large room with a fireplace for the whole family. Internal staircase from the first floor leads to the second floor where there are two rooms.
Until World War II the building was within the apartment block that was destroyed by bombing and not later rebuilt.